Shaner Avenue Nursery is a family owned and operated business focused on high quality plants, professional design and outstanding service. Our nursery family is looking for friendly, hard-working, motivated individuals that love fresh air and don’t mind getting a little dirty!
Our nursery family is looking for friendly, hard-working, motivated individuals that love fresh air and don’t mind getting a little dirty!
Part time and seasonal positions are available (20-40 hours/week). Prior experience and knowledge of plants/plant care is not necessary but the desire to learn is! Some overlap of the different positions is to be expected.
Delivery Driver/Loader Operator:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Self-motivated & dependable
- Friendly & patient
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment
- Flexible work hours
- Available to work some Saturdays
- Tractor operating experience not necessary, but beneficial
- A clean driving record required
- Chauffer’s license & medical card required. May be acquired upon hiring
Customer Service Representative:
- Self-motivated & dependable
- Energetic & adaptable to a fast-paced environment
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and patient
- Available to work some Saturdays and evenings
- Customer service and cashier experience not necessary, but beneficial
- Knowledge of plants and plant care not necessary, but beneficial
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Friendly and works well with others
- Dependable & responsible
Download the application or send resumes and/or questions to email@example.com
I have been at Shaner Avenue Nursery for 14 years. What I love about working here is how family-oriented the atmosphere is. My co-workers are like family, I can count on them for anything. When you have a great place to work and great co-workers, it feels like you never “work” a day in your life.
“I started out as an intern and upon graduating moved into a full-time position. I am grateful to be working for a company that is 98% outdoors, flexible with my schedule, and allows me to expand my plant knowledge. Potting trees and perennials, pulling weeds, and pruning shrubs is more fun in this family, friendly environment. The random doughnut and pizza lunches are also a bonus!”
I couldn’t have asked for a better summer job during high school and college. I loved having a job that allowed me to work outside, work with a great team, and also have some autonomy. Also, you really won’t find better people to work for than the management at Shaner Avenue Nursery.
I enjoyed working at Shaner Avenue Nursery because it is a small family-owned business and you get to be outside during the summer.
For 5+ years, I worked at Shaner Avenue Nursery. This family-owned business made me feel like just that, part of the family. I learned the value of hard work, got to enjoy the outdoors, and have made lifelong friends through my time there.
Open by appointment in March
In the case of inclement weather, please call ahead.
MAY 31-OCTOBER 31
Monday-Friday: 9 am-6 pm
Saturday: 9 am-5 pm
July 4: Closed
Labor Day, September 5: 9 am-1 pm